2011年1月23日日曜日

Jody Williams: A realistic vision for world peace | Video on TED.com


 Jody thinks the peace has to be sustainable with justice and equality. To achieve this, in the speech, she tries to encourage people to take action for peace and reclaim what the peace means. She emphasize the importance of "taking action. " There are a lot of people who consider about the world issues. However, there are few people who try to do something for them. I sometime feel very powerless when I am writing essay or reading articles about issues.
I love to watch movies so I have watched many movies which is based on the controvertial issues. I feel very complcated. I always think I have to do something, but I do nothig, because I don't know what to do. After watching this speech, I thought just bewailing own powerless is meaningless. In ICU, I have to study more and learn various actual measures to deal with issues. And I thought what I can do for now is to learn and absorb a lot of information and it is time for preparation.

The terms and idea in this presentation related to "Vision of the Future", for example human security. So it will be a source to study ARW and RCA :)

The presentation is powerful and I felt her enthusiasm. Her eyes are very serious and most of people will feel they should do something after watching this presentation.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿